Teaching Adults To Read For Success
The Maloney Method combines proven education strategies into one easy-to-follow system.
Preparing To Learn
The Maloney Method creates a road map to take the student from A to B as quickly and efficiently as possible. These objectives are sequenced to provide the most efficient learning path. Each learning outcome adds another skill. This “sets the table” for learning and ensures that both the learner and the teacher are on the same page.
Teaching For Success
Direct Instruction is a key element of the Maloney Method. It entails a straight-ahead, 3-step plan for teaching adult learners effectively:
- Show the student what needs to be learned
- Practice together (one-on-one)
- The student independently demonstrates his or her learning
Once the instruction has been completed, we want to know whether or not it was successful and the degree to which the student can apply the new information or strategy quickly and correctly.
A short test is conducted at the end of every lesson. This provides a simple and direct measure of improvement (or not) that can be captured in a minute or less, letting you know how well the teaching worked.
The outcome of these frequent tests enables an effective response: practice options and remedial alternatives that will help to resolve the student’s roadblock.
- Private: intensive one-on-one instruction
- Inexpensive: learn to read well up to three times faster at one-tenth the cost of a tutor
- Works for ALL: proven success in adults with ADD, ADHD, ODD, dyslexia, autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and behavioural issues.