Welcome To The Maloney Method Press Room!
We’ve collected some material that you might want to use while covering Michael Maloney and The Maloney Method, from basics to logos to expert sources. Did we forget something? Please get in touch with what you’re looking for.
What is The Maloney Method?
The Maloney Method is a simple and effective teaching strategy grounded in the evidence-based methods of the top education researchers.
Over the last 40 years, it has proven to be the most effective education model available, providing over 50,0000 children and adults with 2-2.5 years of gains per year in basic subjects such as reading and math.
Learn More About The Maloney Method
Who is Michael Maloney?
Michael Maloney is an educator, researcher, writer and speaker with over 40 years of hands-on experience in both the private and public education sectors. He has used this experience to pursue his dream of sharing his highly effective teaching methods with people around the world.
Michael’s proven ability to help students become high-performing readers has the attention of parents around the world. His work has been widely used in private Learning Centres, in Public Charter Schools, as well as in the homes of foster parents, and homeschooling families. Most recently, Michael has been helping to establish a school for autistic children in Hong Kong, China. His methods are proving to be highly effective, increasing the student’s ability to learn and focus while they become fluent in reading, language math and spelling.
Learn More About Michael Maloney
Today’s Literacy Crisis
According to the most recent study by the Council of Ministers of Education for Canada (1988):
- 25% of North Americans cannot read a newspaper (i.e. functionally illiterate)
- 8% of university graduates are functionally illiterate.
- 11% of Community College graduates are functionally illiterate.
- 17% of high school graduates are functionally illiterate.
According to the U.S. Department of Education (2011):
- One-third of the North American population is functionally illiterate in English.
- 50% of Americans cannot comprehend information that is written at a level appropriate for a beginning secondary school student.
- 35% of high school students drop out; one every 26 seconds.
- 65% of welfare claimants are illiterate.
- 85% of prison inmates are illiterate.
- 33% of first-grade students are not taught to read during their initial exposure to reading instruction. 85% of these students (6,000,000 children) never catch up to their peers.
Recent Press Coverage
- What The Old Schoolhouse Magazine has to say about the Maloney Method
- What does Practical Homeschooling Magazine say about The Maloney Method?
- New Podcast Interview: How To Help Children Who Are “Behind In School”
- Interview with Book Bits regarding my best-selling award-wining book Teach Your Children Well
- A podcast interview outlining the methods that have consistently provided success for children at risk of school failure, including those diagnosed as autistic
Maloney Method News
Education News & Resources
News and Promotions [Twitter]
Events and New Information [Facebook]
Education Discussion [LinkedIn]
Logos and Images
Teaching a child JPG high | JPG low
Teaching with a parent JPG high | JPG low
The Maloney Method (Logo) JPG
Teach your Children Well (Logo) JPG
The Toolbox Series (Logo) JPG
- TV: CTV, CBC, and affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, and more
- Newspapers: Readers Digest, National Post, and more
- Radio: over 200 radio stations across North America